What a fun way to learn US geography, or just display your American pride!
“Stitching the States” makes a 29” x 21” wall quilt you’re sure to get years of enjoyment out of. And you don’t even need to be an experienced quilter to make it – basic sewing skills are all you need. Or if you’re feeling more low-tech, it can be made by hand – the individual states are stuck to the background with an iron-on glue (included in the project kit) so you can just iron it all down and call it a day!
Or you can finish the edges with a binding (full instructions included) and hang your masterpiece on the wall. Because the assortment of scraps in each kit is different, no two maps will ever be the same.
This is a terrific project to do with kids to help build skills in tracing, cutting, and planning. Imagine how proud your kids will be to hang their masterpiece in a place of prominence!
Or it makes a wonderful gift for a map lover or travel buff – hang the quilt over a bulletin board and use tacks to mark off places you’ve been or are planning to go.
The possibilities are endless with this fun and colorful project!
Included in your project kit is:
- One piece of tan-colored fabric used for the map background
- One piece of batting (to go between the front and the back to give the map some thickness)
- One sheet of fusible web big enough for one complete map project
- 60 scraps of fabric in various shapes, sized and colors
- One Stitching the States project CD which includes a set of custom-made state outline maps (reusable for other project, too!) and a 21 page set of instructions illustrated with step-by-step photos – so easy to follow!)
You supply your own fabric for the back (an old sheet works great), thread, and binding (use pre-packaged or make your own)
Outside of the US? Contact me for shipping rates for international shipping.